Crisp chicken in Chicken BLT Salad boosts a favorite side salad to a healthy main-course attraction.
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (1/2 cup)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk and egg white in a shallow dish.
- Place panko in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white mixture; dredge in panko. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over…
View original post 347 more words